X ` Man[_3_] X ` Man[_3_] is offline

Default Does character matter?

On 11/13/11 2:56 PM, North Star wrote:
On Nov 13, 3:17 pm, wrote:
Conservative columnist George Will believes that Republican
presidential candidate Herman Cain’s sexual harassment scandal is a
“test” for Republicans.

“A rule is when there are four women, there may be 24,” Will told
ABC’s Christiane Amanpour Sunday. “There’s a pattern here. He’s says
there’s no pattern because all four are not telling the truth. Well,
we shall see.”

“For Republicans, it is a teachable moment because Republicans have
said over and over again, character matters in leadership. We have
this powerful government. The more power the government has, the more
character matters in the chief executive. And this is a test for
them.”

Nah, character is just another ruse put up by the GOP to stake out the
moral high ground. It only comes into play when battling the
opposition, rarely when measuring their own.

What matters for the Cain campaign is the simplicity of the message
and can if fit on a bumper sticker. His fundraising has taken a leap
since women started to come forward confirming his pattern of abuse.

A certain percentage of Republicans (including women?) are obviously
comfortable with misogynists.

Maybe they hope Cain will hook them up with some of his 'ladies'.

Hey, Don, I made iLoogy an offer he's sure to refuse. Made it on your
behalf, too. Take lots of photos. I will.