Mark W

Default passive solar ventilation

So build a hollow tabernacle which projects back (or fwd) far enough to
allow a dorade type baffle and a vent down into the cabin. Keep the mast
heel support low enough (not too much less than cross section area of mast
(about 30mm for a 125mm dia. spar) and you probably don't even have to trim
the mast.

I'm trying to figure out how to do it for bilge ventilation on my keel
stepped schooner but with internal halliards I'd get way too much wet down
there. Also the main is in the engineroom which is supposed to be able to be
made airtight if combustion becomes "external".

Luck,
Mark.

PS: don't have much simpathy anyway, it's bloody freezing here at the moment
)

"Parallax" wrote in message
m...

Mark:

I actually thought about using the mast as the chimney except my boat
has a deck stepped mast so this would be difficult. It might work
well on those Freedom boats with large diameter masts.