X ` Man[_3_] X ` Man[_3_] is offline

Default Electabiilty not important

On 11/12/11 4:01 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 12/11/2011 5:37 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 11/12/11 4:43 AM, jps wrote:
On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 19:07:25 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

CBS News Poll analysis by the CBS News Polling Unit: Sarah Dutton,
Jennifer De Pinto, Fred Backus and Anthony Salvanto.

Four out of ten Republicans believe Mitt Romney would be the most
likely
candidate to beat President Obama in the general election, according to
a new CBS News poll.

Romney, who has lingered at or near the top of the polls since the
beginning of the 2012 presidential race, led Herman Cain CUT by a
2-to-1
margin with 40 percent support.

Cain trailed in the category with just 20 percent, followed by Newt
Gingrich and Rick Perry, each with six percent. Thirteen percent of
respondents said they didn't know which candidate was most likely to
beat Mr. Obama.

Electability, however, was not most Republicans' top priority when
selecting a candidate: 58 percent said they believe it's more important
to have a nominee who agrees with them on the issues than one who can
beat Mr. Obama next year. Thirty-nine percent said the opposite.
- - -

Love it.

Game, set, match.

I'm not sure what the point is of having a candidate who agrees with you
on all the issues rather than one who disagrees on some but who has a
chance of getting elected but, hey, if the Repubs want to nominate a
loser like Gingrich, Cain, or Perry, it's fine with me.

And what if Cain comes through with the polygraph and is innocent? Could
turn this race real quick.

Don't know much about polygraphs, eh? They're bull****.