rhys

Default 4-Year Plan - Buying Boat and Heading South - Who's Dunnit?

Yes, but did you like your cruise?

R.

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 21:28:20 -0700, Carl wrote:

You need to consider a lot of things - not the least being where you
start, what you leave behind and how you return.

eg. It might be better to buy a boat in Lauderdale - more and cheaper
boats and easier to get to Bahamas

eg. friends left 7 years ago and went cruising - sold their house and
put their stuff in storage - 7 years later it's still in storage at
about $140 per mo - that's like $11700 - for old clothes and
refrigerators and such crap - they go back occasionally but they never
deal with it

eg. we returned from 5 years cruising in 96 - I was 49 - you'd think I
had early Alzheimer's and smallpox - I had lots of experience in major
computer software companies - but had to start low again.

Other issues - can you live on $10K a year - we did but lots can't.
What odd jobs - in MX, Panama, Bahamas - you gonna work for $2 an hour
and tips. What are you gonna do with the boat?

You got a lot of 10 years planning to do for a 4 year holiday.