Carl

Default Liferaft repacking questions and prices

I have a '90 Avon 6 person ocean double tube double floor raft that's
been sitting in my garage since we got back - 8 years. I'm getting
quotes all over the board to repack it - ranges from $400-450 to
$850-950 - all Avon certified and listed service stations on their
website.

What gives? One says the gas cylinder needs to be hydro'd and rebuilt
every 5 years and another says weigh it and visually examine at each
repack - that they hardly ever hydro a cylinder unless it's very
rusty.

Are there 2 levels of certification - commercial/fishing vs pleasure?