Canuck57[_9_] Canuck57[_9_] is offline

Default Good ideas here...

On 07/11/2011 6:59 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In articledbudnSGHHbg9VyrTnZ2dnUVZ_tKdnZ2d@earthlink .com, dump-on-
says...

On 11/6/11 9:50 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 16:45:41 -0700,
wrote:

Actually, do your family computer guy a favor and skip this. If I
charges my relatives for this it would be cheaper for me to buy them a
new one, then join the party having fun. If the user has messed it up
with too much garbage, hit the recovery button after backing up your
data. Or buy a new one from Cosco for $499 that will probably be 10
times faster to start with.

If that is your recommendation why not just tell them to format their
C drive and reload the operating system from the start up disk.?

If they are just starting from zero, why not do it for free?

What you pay for is transferring all of the stuff you have stored and
getting the machine configured the way you like it.

Ahhh, the delights of an Apple computer...which makes the backup,
restore and setting up a new computer with your old stuff as easy
as...apple pi (yes, I know.)

Gee, I've never had a problem doing that with windows.

I will give harryk this, recovering MS-Windows is a bitch and 1/2 the
systems don't work and Macs are superior in restore and recovery.
Recovery yes, restore not so good. Getting a factory image back does
work in MS-Windows, but after that you hope you have baked up your data
and have copies of your apps somewhere.

Big problem I have with Apple is for what you get, poor value. Better
for some things, but not 5x the price better. And they are not without
their problems.
--
The reason government can't fix the economic problems is government is
the problem.