Canuck57[_9_] Canuck57[_9_] is offline

Default I thought they were supposed to be melting?

On 06/11/2011 6:58 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 11/6/11 8:30 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 11/6/2011 6:54 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 15:57:28 -0500, John
wrote:

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 10:28:02 -0700,
wrote:

On 06/11/2011 10:22 AM, jps wrote:
On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 11:54:32 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Nov 5, 8:12 am, wrote:
In article3047049c-3cfa-4006-92f6-6fb2727f41a4
@bq8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com, says...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...ve-new-iceberg...

Huh? whadda you know?

Tim surely you're not using this to suggest that global warming
isn't
happening, are you?

I dunno. I'd always thought that glaciers and giant ice shelves were
melting away because the earth was getting warmer, then you hear
about
a massive chunk of ice forming and....

I know we had a decent frost last night, but it's November, we're
supposed to have a decent frost last night.

I assume you like somewhere in the middle of the country and are
completely unaware of the weird weather most of the country has been
expeiencing the past year.

Are you aware of the spike in tornados?

So far weather has been changing for 4.5 billion years and this year
was
mild by comparison. And the predictions from the sane say the same
thing is in store for the next 4.5 billion years.

Are you saying the ending of the ice age was caused by man? Oh, the
shame of it all.

He probably is, but I don't know anybody else that is sane or without
a monetary interest saying that global warming is CAUSED by man.

OTOH, I think there are a lot of reasons to believe that man
CONTRIBUTES to global warming.

But how much, and to what end... The world has been hotter and colder
than now, it has changed faster than it is changing now, and it will
probably stay in the long run, pretty similar to what it is now...

The world has a great climate control system in the whole spinning
thing. Too much heat will make for more hurricaines which take a
tremendous amount of heat energy and spin it out to the poles where it
can dissipate. If the world gets warmer, more hurricnes, if the world
gets colder, less hurricanes, pretty simple really. I think the world
has things under control and it is doing what it does, just fine. More
hurricanes means something maybe us, maybe the sun, maybe both are doing
what they do to the earth. The earth will respond and balance things out
like it's been doing for 4 billion years...

And you base this on the many university level science courses you took,
right?

Probably more than you and Gore combined.
--
The reason government can't fix the economic problems is government is
the problem.