Tom Hunter

Default Holding tank vent - where?

Peggie,

The tank is next to the head which is also on the port side amidships. Its
located underneath a quarter birth. Due to the location of the head and the
configuration below decks this is the only place it could be. The other
option involved moving the head, removing the V births in the bow, sealing
the old through hull, installing a new one and rebuilding some cabinets,
births and the dining table. In short I am stuck with the current location
of the tank and the vent is the only thing left to do.

I agree that its not the best place, but sometimes not the best place is the
only place.

Tom