Rod McInnis

Default ??? about an inverter system

"Jim" wrote in message
ink.net...

Larry's discussion has some very good information. I have a couple of
questions:
1) Why are you running refrigeration through an inverter?

Well, one reason is that you can buy a small household refrigerator for
about $200 and the same sized 12 volt refrigertor will cost you about $1200.
There are reasons that the 12 volt refrigerator is better, such as automatic
switching to 110 and likely to have greater efficiency, but I know that a
lot of people prefer to go the household route just because of the cost.

2) Why, with the choices available today, are you running a TV through
an inverter?

What choices? There are a lot of 9" TVs that run off of 12 volts, and I have
seen a couple of 13", but if you want a 25" TV it is going to be 110 volts.

Rod