Honey Badger[_14_] Honey Badger[_14_] is offline

Default Goodbye, Andy, and thanks for all the wit...

North Star wrote:
On Nov 5, 10:19 am, X ` Mandump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
Andy Rooney dead at 92

Andy Rooney, longtime CBS News correspondent and contributor to "60
Minutes," has died. (CBS)
(CBS News)

Andy Rooney, the "60 Minutes" commentator known to generations for his
wry, humorous and contentious television essays - a unique genre he is
credited with inventing - died Friday night in a hospital in New York
City of complications following minor surgery. He was 92, and had homes
in New York City, Rensselaerville, N.Y. and Rowayton, Conn.

"It's a sad day at '60 Minutes' and for everybody here at CBS News,"
said Jeff Fager, chairman of CBS News and the executive producer of "60
Minutes." "It's hard to imagine not having Andy around. He loved his
life and he lived it on his own terms. We will miss him very much."

Rooney had announced on Oct. 2, 2011 in his 1,097th essay for "60
Minutes" that he would no longer appear regularly.

Although I haven't watched that program in it's entirety in a while, I
always enjoyed his litle segment if I caught it while channel surfing.
RIP to a real character.

So you caught it when you weren't watching the Cartoon Network? Your
yard is a mess - go clean it up before the snow flies.

-HB (As seen on TV!)