Canuck57[_9_] Canuck57[_9_] is offline

Default Conservative Cain Sludes Back into the Primordial Abyss

On 04/11/2011 5:58 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 11/4/11 7:52 AM, Tim wrote:
On Nov 3, 2:17 pm, X ` Mandump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
POLITICO has learned that one of the women who accused Herman Cain of
sexual harassment at the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s
received a payout of about $45,000 as part of her settlement —
significantly more than the two or three months’ salary Cain initially
recalled the woman obtained.

The woman who received the approximately $45,000 is the staffer who Cain
has acknowledged formally lodged a complaint about his behavior.

Cain described her in a Fox News interview as a writer in the
communications department.

The compensation the woman received as part of her departure package was
far more than that what a midlevel trade association employee in the
late 1990s would have made over a two-to-three month period.

It was also more than the payout a second association employee received
after complaining about Cain’s behavior. According to The New York
Times, the second woman received $35,000 — a year’s pay.

Cain’s changing stories about whether settlements existed, and their
amounts, have muddled his explanations. He has not acknowledged that
there is more than one settlement.

On Monday morning, Cain told Fox News, “If the restaurant [association]
did a settlement, I was unaware of it.”

Speaking midday Monday at The National Press Club, Cain continued to
plead ignorance: “As far as a settlement, I am unaware of any kind of
settlement. I hope it wasn’t for much, because I didn’t do anything. But
the fact of the matter is, I’m not aware of a settlement that came out
of that accusation.”

Then, in a Fox interview taped Monday afternoon, Cain conceded that
there was a settlement.

“It might have been two months [salary]. I don’t remember the exact
number, but I do remember my general counsel saying, ‘The good news is,
we didn’t pay all of this money that was being demanded,” the former
association CEO told Greta Van Susteren, claiming the woman’s charges
were “baseless.”

At another point in the interview, Cain said of the payout: “Maybe three
months’ salary or something like that, just vaguely trying to recall
it.”

But on Tuesday morning, he shifted his answer again, suggesting that the
terms of the payout could have been larger.

On CNN’s Headline News, he said: “The one I remember and am aware of and
was a financial settlement and it was somewhere in the vicinity of three
to six months’ severance pay, something of that nature.”

Read
mohttp://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1cfh9K19x

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...SlM_story.html

Well, of course. True conservatives hate women and Cain has put those
pesky women in their place. Just ask Ann Limbaugh.

Funny, I love conservative women....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQLXWI229jQ

Just don't let Joy Behar out without makeup...she is scary and no
costume required for Halloween.
--
The reason government can't fix the economic problems is government is
the problem.