Larry W4CSC

Default 12V refrigeration

engsol wrote in
:

I have to agree with Bruce. As one who has designed a number
of commercial and industrial electronic products, I'll be the first
to admit designing to minimum RFI is a pain...mostly the testing
to make sure it was done right...but the techniques are so well
known it isn't rocket science anymore. There's really no excuse for
electrical equipment to cause RFI, either conducted or radiated.
Norm B

The yachties have been conditioned to accept RFI tearing everything up.
After all, their whole damned unshielded NMEA network with the screw
terminals, bare wires, unshielded cables and connectors are RADIATING LIKE
HELL into everything with a receiver......dammit all.

Look at the wires hanging out of your electronics....all of
them....balanced, unbalanced, unshielded.....damned NMEA cheapskates.