Glenn Ashmore

Default Alternative power Refrigeration

Jax, you are so full of BS. Norcold and Dometic both say that their
units should be level within 2º when parked and should never exceed 10º
while operating underway. Sloshing side to side does prevent pooling as
long as the tilting is fairly equal in both directions. Sailboats on
passage tend to remain on one tack, and therefore heel in one direction,
for several hours.

In short, when I asked tech support at both companies to recommend their
products for my boat they both said don't do it.

JAXAshby wrote:
The
real problem with absorption cycle refrigeration (gas refrigerators) is
that they must stay within 5 to 7 degrees of vertical.

not true. unless the vehicle is NOT moving side to side.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com