Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Oct 25,26: Sacramento River (CA) Salmon Limit!

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 17:08:03 -0700 (PDT), Dale Gillespie
wrote:

Thanks guys - it was a memorable trip.

Wayne - I have a Raymarine S1000 auto pilot. It's absolutely useless
for trolling at speeds under about 5 mph. It was a big disappointment
as that was the main reason I bought it. No mention made anywhere in
the ads about that issue, but clearly stated in the owners manual.
Bummer.

===

That's too bad. We have an old Robertson-Simrad AP35 that came with
our trawler and it doesn't care what speed we run at. The trawler
of course is a heavy boat with full keel and good directional
stability. That may make a difference.