Canuck57[_9_] Canuck57[_9_] is offline

Default Serial windsock

On 30/10/2011 6:01 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

===

I think that congressional term limits are something a high percentage
of the population would agree on - left, right and moderate. How do
we get it enacted? It might actually bring the country together for
a change.

Indeed, the overwhelming majority of both Republican and Democratic
voters support Congressional term limits.

Agreed. Makes sense too.

Problem is, it will take a Constitutional Amendment to accomplish. The
largest group(s) that oppose term limits

Why does it have to be a constitutional amendment? Nothing says you get
to sit forever. Make it a law. Or if it must be an amendment, revise
the 22nd amendment.

But the real problem is the corrupt politicians themselves. Get some
4,5,7 term jack ass like Harry Reid that is so corrupt it isn't funny.

include the incumbents, big business that are in bed with them and ...
(sorry Harry) ... labor unions.

No shortage of thuggery and bribery with unions.

Even if seriously proposed, I believe it takes a 2/3rds majority vote to
pass. Fat chance.

Because the majority is corrupt. Voters need to stop voting for the
same old farts.

So ... voters be dammed. It won't happen by legislation in Congress. The
only way to impose term limits is for
us peons to vote them out once in a while instead of continuously
electing the same corrupt *******s to another
term. Means we need more Independent voters who vote the person rather
than Democrats and Republicans that just vote the party.

Yep, voters do it to themselves.

An vote for a person for the stupidest of reasons including color, sex,
mouth...

Too bad Donald Trump wasn't running. Probably the best, yet not
running. At least knows how to come back from bankruptcy back to
billionaire status. Didn't talk much about it either, just did it.

--
The reason government can't fix the economic problems is government is
the problem.