BAR[_2_] BAR[_2_] is offline

Default Calling Tim.. need help!

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 04:05:45 -0700 (PDT), North Star
wrote:

On Oct 29, 1:02*am, jps wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 23:35:11 -0400, Honey Badger

Customs charges next to nothing to clear items. *I think what Tim was
concerned about were import duties, which do not exist with Nafta.- Hide quoted text -

I don't haveanything shipped from the US.. but I hear the brokerage
houses can really tack on the charges.
One site I checked yesterday had a guy complaining of importing
$100.00 of auto parts and getting hit with a $67.00 brokerage services
charges.
Add shipping and then the HST on top of that (plus any duties if the
object is made outside NAFTA) and the final cost could be double what
you pay down there.

Broker? I do a lot of Ebay and I send stuff to Canada fairly often. My
broker is the US Postal Service. You fill out the Click n ship customs
declaration and off it goes. I never had anyone complain that they had
any duties to pay. If something will fit in a priority flat rate box
it is really pretty cheap to ship too., Even regular mail isn't that
bad. What is expensive is shipping to South America (the last one was
a video camera to Colombia) . It is cheaper shipping to China.

Quite a number of years a go, my sister was dating a guy from Costa
Rica, he wanted to take his BMW back home when he returned. The import
duty into Costa Rica for autos was 100% of the autos value. This was 30
years ago and it may have changed since them.

If you can steal the cars in the US and put them on freighters then you
can make a good amount of money importing them and only charge 30 to 50%
over assessed value.