Rosalie B.

Default 12V refrigeration

"Skip Gundlach"
wrote:

Hi, Grandma :{))

Hi

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
.. .
We have an old system which by all accounts should not work. Sort of
like the bumblebee which should not be able to fly. It is a combined
110 AC system with an engine driven system. We run the system twice a
day for about 40 minutes. Since it is an old system, it could
probably use more insulation, and it is such a large space that it is
hard to keep on top of what's actually in there. Plus it isn't on a
thermostat so we have to be there on the boat to run it. We have to
be very careful how long we run the engine driven or the compressor
will freeze up - the 110 system can be go a bit longer without a
problem. I'm sure it is a holding plate system.

Sounds just like what we have. Somewhere along the way, quite recently, a
110 air-cooled unit was added. The lines go into one of the holding plates.

Our system came with both systems as OE. Some people replace them
with just engine driven, or with genset driven or with something they
can run off of solar or wind power. We keep on using our OE which is
way cheaper than getting a replacement. It's way cheaper than
replacing it, since it works for us for now.

I didn't think to look to see if the other plate has input for them, but
it's probably irrelevant, as I can't conceive ever running our 110
refrigeration except at the dock (unless the solar and wind output is so big
that running it from an inverter wouldn't matter) - where we expect to be
only extremely rarely.

Along with the (one each new and older-style) Lectra-Sans, the 600 hour
6.5KW Onan/Kubota 3600RPM generator, the SS davits and whoknowswhatelse,
this might be one of the items available to purchase as we refit!

L8R

Skip and Lydia

grandma Rosalie