Horace Brownbag

Default ProFurl vs Harken roller furling, any opinions :)

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 18:40:30 -0700, "Steve Daniels, Seek of Spam"
wrote:

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 21:19:54 -0400, something compelled "Doug
Dotson" , to say:

How does this help me decide between Harken and Profurl?

It doesn't. The advice you are receiving is worth every penney
you paid.

Actually, it could be good advice.

The guy poses a problem;

"I don't know whether I should choose X, or Y?"

The advice was;

"I know some people who have chosen S, and some who have chosen
T....I, myself, ...I've picked Q."

Interpreted Advice;

People make decisions for a variety of reasons.

You need to figure out what's important to you; price, features,
function, workmanship, herd instinct...etc.

He knew some people who thought the merits of X and Y didn't meet
their criteria, and any difference between X and Y is immaterial.
Neither was selected.

His selection of Q is tossed in just to prove that in the end it
doesn't really matter what you choose. As reasoning creatures we can
always find a reason to support any decision....