Peggie Hall

Default Head and Sink Drain

Horace Brownbag wrote:
The forward head...well, it's approx. 10 feet from the holding tank,
and I don't envision modifying it to put a holding tank within a
reasonable distance to the head....and I'm not sure I want the hassle
from the Coast Guard for having a direct discharge head...even if the
aft head goes into a holding tank, and is the only one used when we
are not out.

Easily solved: put a y-valve in the line so you can flush it directly
overboard...tie-wrap the seacock or the y-valve handle closed when
you're inside the "3 mile limit," and you'll be in 100% compliance with
marine sanitation laws, so the CG won't have any reason to hassle you.

--
Peggie