Jeff Morris

Default ??? about anchoring to a sand beach

So tell us: how do you measure scope when the anchor is level with the boat?

BTW, a friend who has anchored out about 250 nights a year for the last 25 years
is fond of pointing to a small Danforth on the stern and saying, "That's the
anchor that held us for the 'Storm of the Century'. It was set in a mud bank
about 200 feet away."

"Harvey Lindley" wrote in message
. com...
The standard anchor should work well. Make sure your scope is right.

wrote:

Can anyone suggest a good way of anchoring to a sand
beach? I drove a regular anchor in, and tied it down with
a dog tie out screw. That seemed to work okay, but I'm
afraid it might still pull loose if the wind gets too strong.