jps jps is offline

Default Police thugs injure Iraq vet

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 20:38:20 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:19:24 -0700, jps wrote:

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:55:38 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 08:18:50 -0700, jps wrote:

https://sites.google.com/site/the99percentdeclaration/

Notice the first three points are about dealing with money in
politics.

... and then they wander off into fantasy. They say they want to pay
down the debt and then propose a couple trillion in unfunded mandates.
My advice is they should put down the lighter, step away from the bong
and get out a calculator to figure out the expense of forgiving
mortgages, eliminating student debt and that health care system that
nobody wants to pay for.
When you show them what the tax rate would be to do this in a revenue
neutral way I bet they will start pulling back on their demands.

I do find it interesting that they want to abolish the fed. I don't
know one economist who thinks that is a good idea and eliminating the
electoral college will be DOA when it gets to the state legislatures.
I assume they want to restructure the senate too. Essentially 5 states
would run the whole government.

The dumbest idea is the CCC and the WPA. How many of those kids would
be willing to work outside in the hot sun for minimum wage? (or less)
That is just a bunch of kids who do not understand what those programs
were. Do you really think ANYONE would work for $16 a day and that is
what the CCC paid, adjusted for inflation. It was a dollar a day and
they only cleared $5 a month, the rest was sent home.
Even if you paid the Davis Bacon wage, most of the people I see at
these protests would turn their nose up at that kind of job.

It's a draft. What do you think the initial drafts of the
constitution looked like? You think everyone who had an idea was as
smart as Jefferson?

You've just defined yourself as a low info voter. You haven't read
anything about the agenda of the 99 until it's handed to you on a
silver platter but you've seen lots of pictures.

I have seen several of these lists of demands. Some don't even pass
the laugh test. That is what happens when you have thousands of kids
walking around with lap tops and tablets pumping out manifestos. It is
really hard to figure out who is talking and for whom they actually
speak.

Minimum wage in Washington is $8.67 and going to $9.04 as of Jan 1,
2012. That's scarcely enough to live on but it's a damned sight
better than nothing. I don't know how long it's been since you've had
to go without food or a place to sleep but I'm guessing you're sorely
out of touch.

Not since 1965 but I did figure out how to make a living. My point is
the whole idea that a CCC camp doing manual labor would attract anyone
in this century is ludicrous ... unless you are talking about illegal
aliens. We can't even get people in this country to pick fruits and
vegetables. That is not quarrying out stone and breaking them up with
a hammer like the CCC people were doing.

Further proves that you're out of touch with young people of today.
You seem to think they're jaded and spoiled but I find the opposite.

They're more concerned with the environment, fellow citizens and the
state of the country than my peers were in the 60s and 70s and we were
significantly more enlightened than those that came before us.