X ` Man X ` Man is offline

Default Police thugs injure Iraq vet

On 10/28/11 12:55 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 08:18:50 -0700, wrote:

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 08:29:59 -0400, X `
wrote:

On 10/28/11 4:01 AM, jps wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 01:15:21 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:15:30 -0700, wrote:

You just want to bitch instead of finding out what they're protesting.

They want to get the money out of politics and its effect on how the
country is run.

That simple enough for you?

I have signed the Ratigan get the money out petition.
That appears to be a small part of the complaints in OWS.

It's central to the movement.

Here's the document I saw...it's a good beginning...

https://sites.google.com/site/the99percentdeclaration/

Notice the first three points are about dealing with money in
politics.

... and then they wander off into fantasy. They say they want to pay
down the debt and then propose a couple trillion in unfunded mandates.
My advice is they should put down the lighter, step away from the bong
and get out a calculator to figure out the expense of forgiving
mortgages, eliminating student debt and that health care system that
nobody wants to pay for.
When you show them what the tax rate would be to do this in a revenue
neutral way I bet they will start pulling back on their demands.

I do find it interesting that they want to abolish the fed. I don't
know one economist who thinks that is a good idea and eliminating the
electoral college will be DOA when it gets to the state legislatures.
I assume they want to restructure the senate too. Essentially 5 states
would run the whole government.

The dumbest idea is the CCC and the WPA. How many of those kids would
be willing to work outside in the hot sun for minimum wage? (or less)
That is just a bunch of kids who do not understand what those programs
were. Do you really think ANYONE would work for $16 a day and that is
what the CCC paid, adjusted for inflation. It was a dollar a day and
they only cleared $5 a month, the rest was sent home.
Even if you paid the Davis Bacon wage, most of the people I see at
these protests would turn their nose up at that kind of job.

It's just a political platform, just like, you know...