iBoaterer[_2_] iBoaterer[_2_] is offline

Default OT Good eats

In article , dump-on-
says...

On 10/26/11 5:56 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 10/26/2011 5:29 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 10/26/11 5:26 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 10/26/2011 3:41 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 10/26/11 3:43 PM, John H wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 07:32:14 -0700 (PDT),

I'll give that recipe a try, it sounds really good. The pablano
peppers are not hot. Some are very mild with just a hint of heat, but
occasionally I get one that has a bit of warmth (I like these the
best). It seems that the smaller ones are warmer. The warmest ones
are maybe 20-40% the heat of a jalapeno. By comparison, chipotles are
50% hotter than the jalapeno they are made from, at least to me.
Pablanos are especially good in chili, I always add 2 or 3 chopped
ones.

I keep a jar of cleaned, seeded, then pureed chipoltes with the adobo
sauce in the fridge ready for application to a sandwich or adding to
soup or stew. Love that stuff!

Here's a tip I picked up somewhere. Take individual chipotles out of
the can and spread them out on
a sheet of wax paper. Leave an inch or more space around each pepper.
Then pour a little of the
sauce over each one - using all the sauce. Then freeze them. Then the
wax paper can be folded,
enclosing all the peppers and taking up very little space. When
needed, peel the frozen peppers and
sauce off the wax paper, and they're good to go. They don't seem to
lose any flavor at all.

Uh, what do you boys recommend for cleaning toilet bowls?

Your head...

I should have asked you. The only job you're qualified for is cleaning
porti-johns.

Nope, never did that... But I can prove I work, can you? Didn't think so...

I'd be delighted to send samples of my work to any well-mannered,
rational poster here.

Okay, I'll ask Tim if he'd take a look.