Tamaroak

Default Spade Anchor question

I like it better than the Bruce I've used before, and think it's
probably as good an anchor as I'm ever going to use. I have an A80 on a
26' flybridge cruiser which has seen service in Lake Superior (sand,
rocks and more sand), Florida (coral shells, sand and weeds) and the
San Juans and Alaska (a weird mix of shells, clay and hard muck. I've
found the best way to set it is to drop it and leave it alone rather
than dragging it in, especially in that crap in Alaska, where it seems
to need time to let the point dig in.

The only time it has ever dragged on us was in weeds in a big blow in
Florida when it obviously didn't get all the way into the bottom because
of the vegetation. It always reset when the 20+ foot tides would do a
180 on us in the bays in Alaska, even when we were anchored on a slope,
which was most of the time.

I think it dives through the weeds better than the Bruce and doesn't
pull through the sand at all like the Bruce will. It holds better in
those small rocks than the Bruce.

It seems to like the Bruce roller just fine.

Ashmore had the best price on them by far when I bought mine.

Capt. Jeff