JustWait JustWait is offline

Default Is it "bye bye" for Rubio?

On 10/23/2011 11:14 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 22:15:11 -0700, wrote:

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 00:57:54 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 17:03:31 -0400, X `
wrote:

During his rise to political prominence, Republican U.S. Sen. Marco
Rubio frequently repeated a compelling version of his family’s history
that had special resonance in South Florida. He was the “son of exiles,”
he told audiences, Cuban Americans forced off their beloved island after
“a thug,” Fidel Castro, took power.

But a review of documents — including naturalization papers and other
official records — reveals that the Florida Republican’s account
embellishes the facts. The documents show that Rubio’s parents came to
the United States and were admitted for permanent residence more than
two-and-a-half years before Castro’s forces overthrew the Cuban
government and took power on New Year’s Day 1959.
---

Heh heh heh.

I have been watching and waiting to see the reaction here and it
appears to be nada. There was a 10 second story on the local news and
it went away. Even that was a pretty soft punch.
I guess Rubio is still Cuban enough for the Cuban ex-pats and I doubt
the anglo republicans care at all. They just like him because he is a
clean cut looking guy who punches all the right buttons on their
agenda.
This really seems to be something the Chris Matthews people have
latched onto and it may cast a shadow on him being a shoo in for a VP
slot but I doubt his senate seat is in jeopardy.

Now, if he pops up being a baby daddy for a little black kid or his
gay lover writes a book, you guys might have something.
Neither would totally shock me. I have been around too long to be
shocked about politicians.

He and Charlie Crist are an item. I heard it from Hannity.

A lot of people in Tallahassee have been waiting for Crist to come
out. That rumor has been around for years.

Yeah, but if he runs, the DNC bigots will run with it as fact, until is
is, weather it is or not...