Bruce in Alaska

Default Anyone ever see a non-geared oil pump?

In article ,
(JAXAshby) wrote:

I have never seen any oil pump on any engine going back to designs around
since
the early 20th century that were not geared, except for the B&S engine which
uses a scoop on the bottom of the connecting rod cap to supply pressure oil.

genee/rickie claim non-geared oil pumps on engines are common. Anyone know
which engine designs used oil pumps that are not geared?

My Wisconsin powered 3Kw genset has a Cam operated oil pump that squirts
a stream of baseoil on the crank and rod bearings, as well as feeding up
an internal pipe to the topend.

You just haven't been around long enough to see some of the really cool
stuff, kid......

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @