Doug Dotson

Default Water tank vent overboard or bilge

Comments below.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Peggie Hall" wrote in message
Doug Dotson wrote:
Not sure how grease etc is going to leap out of the galley sink into
the vent

Prob'ly won't if you never fill the sink to wash dishes or allow any
dirty dishwater to go down the drain.

You don't understand how the vents are installed. They are not
plumbed into the drains. Just empty into the basins.

Our tanks are vented into the head sinks via a spout in
each. Easy to see when the tanks are full when filling...

As long as you're in the head while they're filling... or there's no
plug in the sink if you aren't.

I suppose that not leaving a plug in the drains is a requirement.
Not really a problem.

I think the vent should go out the hull. But hey...they're YOUR boats,
so whatever floats 'em for YOU is fine with me.

To be really safe, put them in the cockit. That way they will drain
out the scuppers and not be so prone to taking in sal****er. Another
option is to put them up the mast a bit. I know someone that did this.
Overflow will go out the fill rather than out the vent. Problem solved
forever.

--
Peggie