orbital

Default Water tank vent overboard or bilge

Hello,

I have been mulling over the idea of re-routing my water tank vents
from the bilge to an overboard thru-hull vent. I would like to stop
from filling my bilge with water everytime i fill my tanks.

Some people have expressed concern that it opens up the risk of
getting seawater contamination in heavy seas and that the boatbuilder
probably chose to do this on purpose. Since this is a power boat, I
am not worried about creating a siphon from healing over.

I was wondering if anybody has any opinions on why this is a good or
bad idea and any advice on things to consider if I go ahead with this
(such as heights, loops required etc).

Thanks in advance!

Rob