Peggie Hall

Default Head and Sink Drain

Horace Brownbag wrote:
...oh, sorry, I should have been a bit more specific.. These are
both drains.

Ohhh...I thought you meant the head INTAKE and sink drain.

Then no, that won't work. Nor would I recommend flushing the toilet out
a cockpit drain either...that the builder may have designed it that
way is only one more example of how little thought is given to onboard
waste management.

How many thru-hulls do you have for the head INTAKE and sink drain?

If there's one for each, you could combine the sink drain with one of
'em, and enlarge the other to accomodate a 1.5" head discharge...or you
could drain the sink into a sump (if there are any) instead of directly
overboard, and enlarge that thru-hull for the head discharge.

Unless the boat has a holding tank, those are the only two ways I can
think of that make any sense to have only two thru-hulls for both the
sink drain and the toilet.

--
Peggie