Doug Kanter

Default OT--new candidate

"Dave Hall" wrote in message

But if we pull out now, they win, period. You do realise the
psychological damage that would do to our cause and the credibility
damage that it would bring to our military and our ability to "get the
job done"?

We are in a bad situation. You are suggesting that we cut our losses,
and pull out.

News flash: We were in a bad situation the moment your leader, who thinks
he's playing a video game, first opened his mouth and began sabre rattling.
That was long before the first shots were fired, but from that moment on, he
put us in a position where there was no turning back.

"Bad situation"? That was obvious to a whole lot of people long ago, Dave.

The enemy could've been crumbled in other ways:

1) Having their leaders snuffed out in spooky ways, like that truck we
nailed with a drone-launched bomb in Sudan or wherever the hell it was.

2) Telling a few of those countries that they can rot in their own **** for
all we care (a policy that's even suggested by some progressive Arab
thinkers who've had it up to here with the extremist whiners).

But...no. When you're the president and your need for a constant erection
can only be satisfied by scenarios resembling something from "Ghost Recon",
you have to go to war to be satisfied.

Question: If we had to kiss Saudi Arabia goodbye for a few years as an oil
supplier, and ask Americans to immediately find ways to sacrifice by driving
their cars 30% less, do you think we'd do it, or would we prefer to send our
kids overseas to be killed?