Armond Perretta

Default Proper flag protocol for Cat Yawl rig.

Bruce Hallman wrote:
http://www.boatdesign.com/micro/files/navigator1.pdf

I am ... curious of opinions about where to fly the
national emblem, US Flag. Traditionally, were should
I fly the national emblem, and club burgee?

The rig has no standing rigging or spreaders. Does
the national emblem fly from the top of the mizzen
mast and the club burgee from the top of the main mast?

The traditional route is the show the national ensign two thirds up the
leach of the mizzen, and to show the club burgee at the main truck.

The location of the ensign could be a problem with the mizzen you have
described, so you may want to show the ensign at the stern rail, either on a
pole that doesn't foul the mizzen sheet, or affixed to the mizzen sheet
itself. I have seen other yawls use bungee effectively when doing this.

I don't see any reason that the burgee should _not_ go on a pigstick at the
main truck.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat