Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Phone call to my Dad...

Wilbur, even in compassionate response, you manage to screw it up.

Said fondly, not in disappointment or anger :{))

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
news.com...
"Flying Pig" wrote in message
OT - Phone call to my Dad...

My father, who used to be, first, a Grumman Avenger Navy pilot during
WWII,
and, 50 years later, a private pilot, is in the landing pattern, wheels
down
and locked, landing lights on, and the runway lights have come on for his
final transfer.

snippage

Alzheimer's is an sad way to go, especially for surviving loved ones. It's
a slow decay of the higher brain functions. One wonders, when somebody's
in the later stages of it if they really even know what's going on around
them. Things like a Skype phone call are probably more for the benefit of
the caller than the called.

I'd say may he rest in peace but I'm not sure if perhaps I should say
instead God Bless his soul as when exactly does the soul depart? When the
brain goes or when the heart goes? I'd think probably the brain. Hang in
there, Skippy! He might well already have taken that journey.

Wilbur Hubbard

He's dying from dementia, which is very much different from Alzheimer's, as
folks don't hang around for years as mental vegetables under the influence
of dementia.

And, he's been growing into his death for years, with his faith.

That said, your observations are spot on, and I have no doubt that he's at
peace.

However...

He's not in yet :{)) - just completed the call to Harbor Control.

But, thanks for the sentiment. Perhaps we'll get out of this filthy
yard yet this year!

L8R

Skip and crew

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain