Default OT - Phone call to my Dad...

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
OT - Phone call to my Dad...

My father, who used to be, first, a Grumman Avenger Navy pilot during
WWII,
and, 50 years later, a private pilot, is in the landing pattern,
wheels down
and locked, landing lights on, and the runway lights have come on for
his
final transfer.

snippage

Alzheimer's is an sad way to go, especially for surviving loved ones.
It's a slow decay of the higher brain functions. One wonders, when
somebody's in the later stages of it if they really even know what's
going on around them. Things like a Skype phone call are probably more
for the benefit of the caller than the called.

I'd say may he rest in peace but I'm not sure if perhaps I should say
instead God Bless his soul as when exactly does the soul depart? When
the brain goes or when the heart goes? I'd think probably the brain.
Hang in there, Skippy! He might well already have taken that journey.

Wilbur Hubbard