Lyndon Nerenberg

Default LORAN here to stay? Maybe.

"Jim Donohue" writes:

The thought that LORAN has some role as a backup to GPS in a military
jamming situation is pretty close to ludicrous. You really think the
electronic warfare guys are not going toimpact long wave?

Yes, that's what I think. GPS is useful in a military situation because
provides extremely high accuracy. Thus selective availability -- the
ability to remove that pinpoint accuracy on demand. Loran does not
provide the accuracy of GPS, therefore is cannot serve the same
military role. Thus there is no militarily-related reason to jam
Loran.

You think LORAN
is resistive of jamming?

No. What I think is there is no reason why the military would want
to.

--lyndon