Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default Dual cooker..as the English call them

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:26:26 -0700, engsol
wrote:

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:37:02 -0000, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:

engsol writes:

I thought of the hot plate too, except a google search didn't reveal
a source for them.

Oh for crying out loud, just walk to your nearest hardware or
dry goods store :-)

--lyndon

Thanks for the advice. It turned out to not be as easy as that.
After 10-12 calls, I found only one....a really cheap one ($12)
that I wouldn't turn my back on for a second. I didn't buy it.
Hence the google search, and the post here.
Seems that in this part of the country (western USA) college dorms
and apartments (that I'm aware of) have outlawed
hotplates...too dangerous "they" say....so not much demand.
Norm B

You could search for "induction cookers." They cost more than hot
plates, but only heat ferromagnetic pans. A home type single burner
costs about $180, IIRC.

They can heat up a pan much faster than a hotplate of the same power
requirements. The one I have seen in use (by a professional chef doing
a demonstration in a dining room) was only about an inch thick, so it
would stow easily.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

Ask not with whom the buck stops . . .