Stephen Trapani

Default Formosa 51 / Hudson Force 50 / Vagabond 47

Scott wrote:

Have you owned any of the boats I've considered or the CT49? If so, which
and for how long? What types of problems frustrated you?

IMO you should change your sources of information to: People who have
information with good explanations, reasoning and experience to back
them up.

There are plenty of people with good information about those boats who
have never owned one and plenty of former owners with innacurate
information.

Stephen

"Ace-high" wrote in message

They're all total crap - the worst of the worst Taiwan leaky teaky's -
buy something better. For Taiwan cheap boats - maybe a CT49 - not the
crappy CT41's. You obviously haven't looked enough and learned enough.
What do you own now and what have you owned before?

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:38:08 -0400, "Scott"
wrote:

I am contemplating purchasing a Formosa 51 (aka Hudson Force 50) or a
Vagabond 47. I will use it for coastal cruising with my family of six for

couple of years and then a year of offshore sailing when the younger
children are a little older. I am trying to collect information on the
reliability of these boats and known maintenance/structural issues. If
anyone has any suggestions or comments - especially based on first hand
experiences, I would appreciate a note. Thanks!

If you wish to reply by email, please remove the number "1" from my email
address. It is only there to prevent spam.