rhys

Default GPS jamming off NC and Florida

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 02:25:29 -0000, Larry W4CSC
wrote:

rhys wrote in
:

Now, if I can only befriend a very, very old sailor with a decent
Plath sextant in working order...G

R.

http://www.artofthesea.com/images/simex_a.jpg

I bought this Simex Sextant in perfect condition in a thrift shop for $50.
I don't think they knew what it was....(c;

It was complete, even with the registration cards and paperwork.

Larry

Stop it, Larry, you are making me jealous. I have yet to discover such
a great deal locally (perhaps because I am on the Great Lakes and most
navigation is coastal pilotage), but I have a better shot at finding a
sextant that is in mint condition (bought, used little and put away)
than something on a salty coast.

Or maybe that's wishful thinking G

Anyway, I am keeping my eyes open for something of quality. A lot of
older sailors are swallowing the anchor locally and I expect various
attic cleanings will produce something I can use before I go cruising
in five years or so.

R.