jmax

Default Shady Billing Practices of IMIS Insurance

What I see here is a basic lack of communications. G. Schultz being an
basically honest citizen contacted IMIS Insurance to: 1.) inform them that
he was planning to leave the states, 2.) that he had changed credit card
providers and to provide the new card data for their records (only) 3.)
attempt to determine the policy renewal fees in order to setup his
"pay-on-line" (cash). IMIS Insurance company personnel were not listening
to there customer and took the filing of the revised credit card as a
request or allowance for immediate payment by the card without providing Mr.
Schultz the opportunity to pay cash through his "on-line" account.
Both parties involved Mr. Schultz as the customer and the IMIS personnel
involved acted in good faith based upon their perspective of what was stead
in that fateful call. Perceiving or interpreting the message from their
perspective points of view. Looking at their two very different
interpretations what was attempted to be communicated by that call both are
absolutely correct though radically different.
Mr. Schultz feels that he has been screwed in the transaction and IMIS feels
that they are being wrongly accused of screwing their client.
What is the answer? 1. Mr. Schultz should transact all future dealings with
IMIS (or any other company) in writing (a phone call can be made to confirm
the transaction) and IMIS acting in good faith give Mr.. Schultz the cash
discount even though the incurred the extra credit card payment expense
through this misunderstanding. The monetary value of the discount is small
in compared to the loss of customers this incident can generate.
Well I have had my say
Jim

wrote in message
On 10 Jun 2004 15:27:51 -0700, (Geoff Schultz)

wrote:

This article details what I consider to be extremely shady billing
practices of IMIS (International Marine Insurance Services) with whom
I and many others boaters have insurance. I'm currently sailing in
Honduras.

It all sounds perfectly fine to me. They did their best to placate a

customer
with selective memory who assumed that everyone knows what he is thinking
without him saying anything..

BB