Eisboch[_8_] Eisboch[_8_] is offline

Default Just for the record

"iBoaterer" wrote in message

In article ,
says...

On 9/21/11 9:08 PM, jps wrote:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 19:10:06 -0400, wrote:

This is one slightly right of center, politically Independent who is
100
percent *against* the death penalty.

We need to find a way to deal with capital crimes in a different way.

Eisboch

Hear, hear!!!

Dealing with capital punishment is easy: outlaw it.

Uh, he said "find a way to deal with capital CRIMES", (snipped)

Correct.

I have no problem with imprisonment for life with hard labor ... having to
earn every penny for whatever privileges or perks
available in a convicted murder's cell like TV, books whatever. Develop
work programs in the prisons that help pay for their incarceration.

Hard work never killed anyone.

I am just totally against the "eye for an eye" punishment mentality. We
consider chopping off of a hand for thievery or stoning to death for
adultery to be barbaric in other cultures. What is "un-barbaric" about a
life for a life especially when the potential exists that some are wrongly
accused and sentenced? "Oooops. Sorry about that" is a little late.

I think in many cases a tough, work laden life existence in prison with
minimal privileges could be more of a persuasive influence to prevent a
premeditated murder than a death sentence. Many are prone to committing
suicide anyway.