Larry W4CSC

Default DSC position request back to Fugawi

"André Langevin" wrote in
:

Larry the ICOM 802 i have is outputing NMEA 3.0 DSC formatted
sentences that only some chartplotters can understand. In fact i've
been yelling at software companies all over the world for support of
position output on their software and sorry not available yet.

Only a handfull of GPSmap and plotter supports it. I changed my GPS
152 for GPSmap 172C in order to have DSC plotting. Here is the answer
i've received from Garmin as to which model supports DSC:

I wonder if our Raymarine RL70CRC, which is also tied back into the
multiplexer, could be the source of the waypoint data for The Cap'n
software. Waypoint output is turned on on the RL70, I think. I might try
to isolate it to see if it is the source, if I get the time.

Looks like they are all dragging their feet in implementing what amounts to
a simple software upgrade for the computer programs on the PCs.....same as
always.

Larry