Bruce[_3_] Bruce[_3_] is offline

Default I feel sorry for the people who bought radar for their cruising boats.

On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 19:18:19 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

For the most part they wasted their money.

Why do I say this? It's because most of the so-called cruisers don't do
much in the way of cruising. To wit: Capt. Skippy who has been on the
hard for close to 9 months now and the little time he did spend cruising
he was rarely out of range of wi-fi and the Internet where he could pull
up radar images from powerful ground-based radar to inform him of storms
closing in. Why, I can pull up radar images from the Miami radar and see
storms approaching from miles away on my iPod.

Skippy, like most of todays so-called sailors ,doesn't need radar aboard
any more than they need sails as little as they use either. All they
really need is a diesel engine and Internet access. About 99% of the
time they have both. That's all they really need to stay happy. That and
plenty of spliff or rum.

LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

You are absolutely correct - a waste of money......

But then, willie-boy, r.b.c's resident fool has never cruised at all.
Cheers,

Bruce