hanz

Default Shady Billing Practices of IMIS Insurance

We have been cruising internationally since 1991. We have changed
insurers several times (including Blue Water, Barnett, Jack Martin),
mostly because we could not get quotes in a timely manner. We prefer to
bind the insurance at least a month in advance so we can get the policy
and make adjustments as needed. We are currently insured by IMIS. Last
winter, we changed our itinerary. It necessitated a policy change to
include worldwide coverage. The adjustments were made by a phone call
from Trinidad to IMIS. We charged the additional premium. Yes, it was
charged immediately, but this was desirable so we knew we would be
covered, and we got confirmation (including the new policy coverages)
via email before we left. We only paid for the time period needed. We
didn't mind loosing a few dollars of interest (actually, with the
decline in the stock market, it probably saved us money).

Hanz