Glenn Ashmore

Default Latitude 38 doesn't like Globalstar

DATA RATE!!!??? I sit in front of 3 tubes all day long solving computer
problems. When I get down island the LAST thing I want to worry about
is data rates. :-) Actually I have never tried the comm adaptor. I
just call in to check the phone mail and then offer advice between sips
of pain killer. :-)

Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:07:58 -0400, Glenn Ashmore
wrote:

I rent an Iridium when sailing the Eastern Caribbean and it has not
failed me yet.

What kind of data rate do you get with Iridium? Do you dial up an
internet connection or do they have a data/IP mode?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com