[email protected] emdeplume@hush.com is offline

Default Here's a scary quote

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 19:55:28 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 17:53:01 -0400, BeachBum "not a
wrote:

As a nuclear power - as the only nuclear power to have used a nuclear
weapon - the United States has a moral responsibility to act.

Only a chicken **** posts a quote out of context.

"Just as we stood for freedom in the 20th century, we must stand
together for the right of people everywhere to live free from fear in
the 21st century. And as nuclear power — as a nuclear power, as the
only nuclear power to have used a nuclear weapon, the United States
has a moral responsibility to act. We cannot succeed in this endeavor
alone, but we can lead it, we can start it. So today, I state clearly
and with conviction America’s commitment to seek the peace and
security of a world without nuclear weapons. (Applause.) I’m not
naive. This goal will not be reached quickly -- perhaps not in my
lifetime. It will take patience and persistence. But now, we, too,
must ignore the voices who tell us that the world cannot change. We
have to insist, “Yes, we can.”"

You description is quite accurate.