North Star North Star is offline

Default Crap, gonna have to dodge another one

On Sep 8, 2:10*pm, Frogwatch wrote:
My 28' sailboat is in Marsh Harbor Boat Yard out of the water.
Supposedly all the boats there did well in Irene but I have not been
able to verify that because the boat yard is so busy cleaning up they
cannot give me any info and the phone lines are still iffy. I am a bit
worried as I did not take down the roller furling and instead tied
rope around it so it could not unfurl but who knows in 100 mph wind.
Now, here comes Maria looking as if it will hit the Abacos too.
On one hand, I would not mind too much if she was destroyed as she is
very old and insured and I could use the insurance money as a down
payment on a 33' Morgan OI. *Being destroyed in a hurricane is a
fitting end to a good old boat On the other hand, I like my boat and
have worked a lot on her and am familiar with every tiny thing on her
and feel disloyal for even considering her getting destroyed.

Careful on your remarks concerning the still attached geona.
The self appointed insurance inspectors in this group will be on your
case if it gets destroyed and you put in a claim.