Brian Whatcott

Default US Healthcare (was: UK red diesel costs).

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 22:36:25 -0000, Larry W4CSC
wrote:

Brian Whatcott wrote in
:

It's the darnedest thing: Canada and Britain spend less than one half
as much a proportion of Gross National Product on Heathcare than we do
on Healthcare. Both of their Healthcare operations are run by
bureaucracies. And they BOTH live a little longer than we do.

But su they have to wait longer for surgery, and for routine
medical visits.
So I guess what it boils down to is this: OUR free enterprize health
bureaucracy is even more inefficient than their socialized
bureaucracies.

Brian Whatcott

I don't think so. Our system runs on pure GREED, just like everything else
in our American Society. It's how the doctor gets that big beach house on
the ocean, the big yacht at the best marina, the finest cars in town. I
call it "victimization". We're not supposed to think about it, or, for God
sake, TALK about it, but doctors are victimizers, just like lawyers. They
have you by the short hairs and take whatever they can get from you (or
your insurance company).

Just look in any marina. The whole country runs on GREED. Me, too! I
charge whatever the market will bear for my services, just like WalMart,
Sears, Smith-Kline-French, Merck, Exxon-Mobil, Doctor Goodbody or the law
firm of Diaphram, Foam and Condom, PA. None of us got a boat by giving
ourselves away.

Larry.

The question arises, however..... Why is a lawyer who can't replace
batteries in a flashlight worth $600/hr when his computer technician only
makes $55/hour? Something's wrong with THAT picture....(c;

Call it greed if you like - but with a nod to the late great Pres.,
free enterprise can work pretty good.
And it works like this:
I can be as greedy as I want, and up the prices of my product as far
as I want. Go too far, and buyers look around for another source.
Then I bring my prices down to suit, or kiss the Marina good bye.

THAT'S free enterprise. So what stops US Health care working that way?

Look closely at what happens when co operatives start buying the SAME
drug abroad and re importing it.

Oh deary me - it's unsafe - those dirty Canadian hands have touched
it. They don't wash their hands.
Etc., etc..... Let's get the FDA to outlaw the practise. It's only
concern for out health, after all. Yada yada.
Yeah, right!

THAT'S the US bureaucracy I have in mind - helped by all too complicit
lawmakers and bureacrats.

Brian W