Larry W4CSC

Default Dripless packing injection line floods engine!

"Rick & Linda Bernard" wrote in
:

No. You need to burp it any time that an air bubble occures. A diver
cleaning the prop etc can cause the problem. I would up over burping
mine for fear of having a leaking seal due to overheating with the air
bubble. With packing you can add another ring but with PSS you need to
haul out.

I have since found out from some one on this group that an air bubble
will cause a racket (noise) from the seal. Burping after this fixed
the noise and the seal did not leak. I guess my worries were for not.

God, and to think he replaced a perfectly great-working GREASED seal so
easy to grease with this "thing" with the bubblosity problem.