Quest0029

Default oday 25, for the beginner or not?

I disagree. The Hughes is a much better built boat. After a year or two
of hard sailing on a daily basis, the O'Day will start to come apart.
They are built for occasional daysailing in good weather, as are almost
all mass-produced boats.

I'll put my 2 cents in here since I've been looking at
boats for the same purpose.
You might want to consider a Rhodes 22 if you
can find one, would be great for Florida & Bahamas
with it's 20" draft (board up) and easily sailed even
single handed. Would be a bit slower than the Oday
it has a PHRF of 258. Good space for a 22' very liveable. Well made too.