Gordon Wedman

Default Dripless packing injection line floods engine!

One disadvantage to the tubeless one is that you
need to burp the seal to get the air out.

I thought this burping was only after the initial installation. Surely you
are not expected to burp the seal before every use of the motor? Someone
being extra cautious here?

"Marc" wrote in message
FYI PSS no longer sells a low speed version. They only sell the water
injected "High Speed". If your application originally qualified for
the "low speed" version, you can safely use the water injected unit
without hooking it up to the cooling system. Just attach a 3/8" hose
and bring it high up on the centerline as a vent. No burping and no
compromise of your cooling system.

Fri, 04 Jun 2004 13:47:16 GMT, WaIIy
wrote:

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 00:38:46 -0000, Larry W4CSC wrote:

I solved the problem and kept the injection. It simply has an inline

water
valve to open when she comes out of yard on her sea trial, which can be
shut off and forgotten like the tubeless one after that.

Larry

Larry, are you going to write to PSS about this whole thing and ask
their opinion?

I would have thought that would have been one of the initial steps
towards a solution.