Matt Colie

Default Oar length

Dave,

Yes, longer oars are almost always better. But

All of these nice people are missing an important point.

If they do not stow in the boat, they can be a real big pain.

For all of my dinks, I have at least a set of oars that will lay across
the seats and stay in the the boat.

Matt Colie
Lifelong Waterman, Licensed Mariner and Congential Sailor

Dave wrote:
Gotta buy some new oars for a newly acquired dinghy. The question is what
size. Dinghy is an 8' Atlantic. I'd guess the beam must be about 54," though
it seems wider when I throw it on the car top. So do I need 5 1/2 ft. oars,
or 6'?

Dave
S/V Good Fortune
CS27